call for papers
Share your knowledge, passion, and experience
BSidesSATX is soliciting for submissions for a conference to be held on May 21, 2016.
Who should submit?
This is a chance to share about that thing you are really good at, just getting started with, or are excited to share experiences about. Looking for 'The Next Big Thing' takes all kinds, so that means you. Yes YOU. The person reading this. If you find yourself here and aren't sure if you should submit, that's a definite sign that we want to help you get your start.
Presenters are expected to bring their own devices, although it may be possible to work with those who only are able to bring slide decks. A limited range of adapters may be available, but better to plan to bring your own, just in case.
Talks for In The Weeds and In The Clouds should be around 40 minutes in length, max. This should leave time for questions or conversation, not to mention allowing a few minutes between talks.
Talks for In The Beginning should be around 20 minutes and will given at the top of the hour, leaving the rest of the hour for exploration.
Additional content for In The Beginning is being coordinated, but we're seeking a beginner's CTF, programming demos, and things that might help people realize new adventures and interests.
While not limited to the following, the tracks will loosely adhere to the following themes:
In the body of the email, in order, please include:
- Speaker name(s) and contact information
- Presentation Title
- Track Preference
- Abstract of the presentation topic, limited to 200 words or less for use in the printed program and for the website.
- Bio limited to 100 words for presenter or whole team
- Detailed outline or description of the topic. Get into the meat of what the presentation is about in detail. This really shouldn't be skipped.
- List of other conferences at which submission has been presented or submitted.
- Are you a potential first time presenter? Have you spoken at any other conferences? If yes, which ones?